Purpose of Website
Laddsworth Primary School values the contribution that a website can make to the life and role of the school in a modern society. The website has 4 important roles:
- To promote the school;
- To provide information to prospective parents and teachers, the wider community and the world;
- To act as a communication channel between teachers, parents, pupils and school management;
- To improve pupil learning;
There are two main sections to the site: -
- The front end published site, which is available to anyone in the world with Internet access
- The private back end site, which is available only to authorised members of the school community
The safety of the children and other users who appear or are referred to on the published site is of paramount importance. The school will ensure that no pupil can be identified or contacted either via or as a result of using, the school website.
Access and Approval
Content on the school website is controlled by role access.
- Contributors are allowed to submit new pages and upload photographs via the backend for approval prior to publication.
- Editors are allowed to edit existing content, submit new pages and upload photographs via the backend for approval prior to publication.
- Managers are allowed to publish content submitted by both contributors and editors.
- Administrators have full access for the purpose of maintaining the software and the underlying technical environment. This includes tasks such as user administration and software maintenance and upgrades. Administrators will not publish materials to the site unless expressly authorised by Laddsworth Primary School.
Names, pictures and content
Any images of children will not be labelled with their names. Permission will be obtained from parents or carers before any pupil's image is used at the beginning of each year. More details and the the permission form can be viewed here.
Permission will be obtained from parents or carers before publishing the work of any pupil. Only first names and Grade will be used to identify the work.
Children will only be shown in photos where they are suitably dressed.
Personal details of children or staff such as home addresses, telephone numbers, personal e-mail addresses, etc, will not be released via the website.
Links to external websites will be checked thoroughly before inclusion on the school website. The sites will be checked for the suitability of their content for their intended audience.
Any text written by pupils will be reviewed before inclusion to ensure that no personal details are accidentally included that could lead to the identification of the pupil.
All written work will be reviewed to ensure that it is in no way defamatory.
Written work will be checked to ensure (as far as possible) that no copyright or intellectual property rights are infringed.
All written material will be checked for its suitability for its intended audience.
Adults have the right to refuse permission to publish their image on the site.
Parents have the right to refuse permission for their child's work and/or image to be published on the site.
Those wishing to exercise this right should express their wishes in writing to the Principal, clearly stating whether they object to work, images, or both being published, to the site.
An Editor will check material before it is uploaded or published to ensure that it is suitable and complies with the record of objections held by the Principal and with copyright laws (as far as is possible). Any persons named on a web page can ask for their details to be removed.
The web pages will be regularly reviewed for accuracy and will be updated as required. This review will occur at least annually. It will be the responsibility of an Administrator, school management, staff or authorised agents to ensure this happens.
Maintenance and Editing
At least two people should have the knowledge to maintain and edit the site, and they must pass on their knowledge to a successor at the end of a term of office.